Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Third Time ... The Tow and Evening

I went about my work day expecting to have a call from Capitol Expressway Ford and John Henry at any minute as I was obviously a customer in need of some "special attention" by this point in the saga.

While on my lunch break, I found that Ford Services has a twitter account.  I reached out via twitter not expecting much, but was surprised when within 5min I received a message asking for details via Direct Message.  I submitted my info and had a detailed response within minutes outlining the FORD RAV process and even providing me a case # and phone # and person to reach out to if I didn't hear back within 10 days...  It was the same info I had received via phone earlier, but it was nice to have it in writing and have an actual case # I could call upon.  The twitter account even followed up and asked which dealership the car was going to so that they could escalate it.  All in all, pretty darn good experience for TWITTER, and the best support I had had since this all began in December.

I had setup the tow to be after work so that if needed I could get a ride home from work.  The dealership had said they could not come get the car nor could they provide a loaner to me, nor could they deliver the loaner to me at work.  There was ZERO customer service from the dealer.

The tow came on schedule and I had found a coworker who was willing to take me home, so I emptied my car of EVERYTHING (I didn't want to ever see the car again, so I took EVERYTHING).  I waved goodbye as the tow truck left.

I decided I better call Capitol Expressway Ford and at least give them a heads up that the car was on it's way to them since John had NEVER called me back all day.  I got through to the service desk and was eventually connected with John Henry.  He did his best to do damage control, but it was FAR TOO LITTLE and FAR TOO LATE.

I was told I could get another rental, but there was no way to get one to me at work and that I'd need to come pick one up.

He later called back saying he could get one delivered to me the next day in the afternoon and I kinda just laughed...

I mentioned I don't want to see the car again and that I was extremely disappointed that the same issue (a safety issue) had happened 3 times and that I had ZERO trust in the car and that it was not safe to drive.

I got a ride home with my colleague and gave up for the day.